I have spent an unusually large amount of time knitting blogging (Knogging) of late. It seems to be a compulsion, really. But, it makes me happy. My husband and family are glad that I am happy, but think I’m a little nuts as well. After all, going on and on (and on) about knitting, explaining patterns to complete strangers and knitting in public isn’t enough? Now you have a blogging obsession, too?! Therefore, I feel compelled to list at least ten
frivolous solid reasons for writing my knitting blog. They are as follows: (P.S. thanks to Auntie Ann for the pic)
1. I knit
2. I love knitting. It’s my preoccupation of choice.
3. My blogging saves others from having to feign interest in something they do not enjoy, and therefore, could not possibly understand my excitement thereof.
4. Writing seems to be therapeutic for me.
5. I can write about almost anything and make it relate to knitting.
6. Maybe someday, I will be published and can make lots and lots of money. (this one keeps the DH, a writer, off of my back about the knitting and the blogging…clever, no?)
7. Yarn is wonderful. There are so many colors and fibers and patterns to mix and match.
8. Knitting, especially mine, can be rife with mistakes, miscue’s, lessons learned, etc….plenty of writing material. Plus it offers me a vehicle for self examination, as my knitting brings out the
worst best in me and is, therefore, good for my self esteem.
9. Despite the above assertions, I consider myself an expert at almost everything, and am sure that I have something important to say that others will want to hear.
10. Knitting and Writing are bedfellows. They go together like peas and carrots, yarn and needles, wool and dye…well, you get the idea.